29 January, 2014

Snow In Dixie

https://www.facebook.com/groups/397839673695382/

Atlanta got 2" of snow and they're treating it like it's end of days.  Go read some of the posts on that Facebook group.  I'm laughing my ass off.  The deepest snow in my yard (where the drifts have piled up) is up to my knees.  The temperatures over the past seven days topped out at about 15 degrees Fahrenheit and the average has been about 2.  The wind chill put the low temps down to -20 to -30 degrees.  It's life as normal around here.  Outside fixing the big three problems of big trucks in the north.  Won't build air pressure, fuel gelling, won't start.  I admit that I find pleasure in watching the southern states and Kalifornia go completely ape-shit when they get just the slightest taste of a real winter.  "Schadenfreude" I believe is the appropriate word in this situation.  You may not be able to hear it, but the people in North Dakota are really having a good laugh right about now.  OK Atlanta, your "emergency" is over, it's time to put the big boy pants on and get on with life.  Before you start bitching at me for being "insensitive", come up here next December and stay through February. 

No comments: